EPTRI received many accrediations and recognitions from national and international organisations. Owing to the avilability of integrated facilities and services at its disposal, it provides training, applied research, technical support, capacity building and extends advocacy & consultancy in the area of environment protection to industries, regulatory bodies, government organizations and NGOs.
- EPTRI is an autonomous institution – registered as a Society
- Governed by a Board of Governors comprising of Central and State Government functionaries, industrial organizations, NGOs and specialists
- Chief Secretary, Government of Telangana is the Chairman of the Board of Governors.
- Director General is the Chief Executive.
EPTRI is recognized by the respective authorities as:
- Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) consultant Institute since 2008 according to the National Registration Board for Personnel and Training (NRBPT), Quality Council of India (QCI).
- Empanelled Training Institute of Government of India for imparting training under the Technical Cooperation Scheme of the Colombo Plan.
- Centre for Climate Change and Nodal Agency for Clean Development Mechanism.
- Technical Consultant of Municipal Solid Waste Management.
- ‘Empanelled agency’ to provide technical support to States / ULBs to carryout investigation, design and thereafter to prepare the DPRs to help structure and manage schemes/ programmes in the field of municipal solid waste management.
- National Host Institute for preparation of State of Environment Reports.
- Centre of Excellence in Spatial Environmental Planning.
- Environmental Information System (ENVIS) Centres for Ecology of Eastern Ghats and State of Environment Report & related issues.
- Key Resource Centre for Rural Water and Sanitation.
- Member in the ‘Awareness and Capacity Building Committee of Telangana State Bio-diversity Board’
EPTRI Laboratory has received recognitions and accreditations by
- NABL (National Accreditation Board for Testing and Calibration Laboratories) in the fields of Chemical and Bio-technology.
- Scientific and Industrial Organisation (SIRO) – recognised by Department of Scientific Research, Government of India.
- Environmental Laboratory under the Environment Protection Act, 1986.
- State Laboratory under the Water (Prevention & Control of Pollution) Act, of 1974.
- Certification under Occupational Health and Safety Management System.
EPTRI serves as a one-stop shop for comprehensive solutions to environmental issues and offers a wide range of services – laboratory analysis to environment management and an interface between regulation and community participation in preserving and conserving the environment.