Environmental Quality Mapping [ E Q M ]
This division is recognized as Center of Excellence in Spatial Environmental Planning with focus on Industrial Planning by Ministry of Environment & Forests, Government of India.
Expertise From conceptualization to deployment of the projects.
Full fledged GIS/Remote Sensing infrastructure to deliver full cycle GIS/RS solutions.
- Eco Industrial Estates
- Environmental Management Plans for existing Industrial Estates
- Environmental Impact Assessments (EIA)
- State of Environment Reports
- Environmental Atlas
- Ecological Studies in Catchment areas of major bodies / Drinking water sources
- Catchment Area Treatment Plans for new Irrigation Projects
- Area assessment studies for carrying out Health Impacts due to agriculture in urban and peri-urban area using sewage.
Drainage map of Pulichintala Catchment Area
Satellite Image of Pulichintala Catchment Area
- Assesment of impacts on highways during trasportation of hazardous and toxic material.
- Assesment of impact due to dissoster in industrial areas and maping dissaster management services.
Coastal Zone Management
- Integrated Coastal Zone Environmental Management Plans
Hazardous and Solid Waste Management
- Identification of Treatment Storage Disposal Fecility (TSDF) sites.
- Identification of Munciple Solid Waste (MSW) sites.
What GIS Can Offer
- Industrial estate planning studies.
- Zoning atlas for siting of industries.
- Identification of possible candidate Zones for TSDF sites.
- GIS mapping of vulnerable areas
- GIS mapping of Traffic Corridor with risk potential studies during transportation of hazardous and toxic chemicals.
Resources at GIS
- Hardware – Graphic workstations and digitization tables.
- Software – Advanced GIS and Remote sensing softwares.