Environment Protection Training and Research Institute (EPTRI), the Nodal Agency for Climate Change for the state of Telangana, is executing the project in association with Department of Agriculture, Professor Jayashankar Telangana State Agricultural University NABARD and ICRISAT under National Adaptaion Fund for Climate Change, Ministry of Environment and Forest & Climate Change (MoEF & CC). The project is for a period of four years and the sanctioned amount of the project is Rs.24 crores. This project aims to enhance the livelihoods of farming community in the targeted villages.
The Inception Workshop of the project was held on 22.3.2017 at Zilla Parishad Meeting Hall, Mahbubnagar.
The household level vulnerability assessment carried out by ICRISAT for the Mandals of Bijinapally (Mahbubnagar dt), Ghanpur (Wanaparthy dt) and Jedcherla (Nagarkurnool dt) as part of the baseline survey of the project was handed over to the district officials during the workshop. Based on the baseline data, the agriculture department will identify the beneficiaries (About 2000 families) for the execution of the climate change adaptation interventions in collaboration with other partners.
The key dignitaries present in the workshop were
1. Sri. B. Kalyan Chakravarthy, IAS, Director General, EPTRI
2. Sri. E. Sreedhar, IAS, Collector, Nagarkurnool
3. Sri. Ronald Rose, IAS, Collector, Mahbubnagar
4. Smt. Swetha Mohanthy, IAS, Collector, Wanaparthy
5. Smt.Laxmi, MPP, Mahbubnagar
6. Smt.Jayaprada, ZPTC, Mahbubnagar
7. Sri. C.S.R. Murthy, DGM, NABARD
8. Smt.S. Geetha, DDA, Office of the Commissioner Agriculture, Hyderabad
9. Dr. K. Dakshina Murthy, Scientist, ICRISAT
10. Dr. M. Jagan Mohan Reddy, Principal Scientist coordinator, KVK Palem
11. Smt. Sucheritha, Joint Director of Agriculture, Mahbubnagar
12. Sri. J.C. Nagendraiah, DAO, Wanaparthy
13. Sri. B.Singa Reddy, DAO, Nagarkurnool